1/2 cup of butter melted and cooled slightly
2/3 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 tsp of salt
1/3 cup of brown sugar (for topping)
1. Heat oven to 180C
2. Line the loaf tin with butter, sides and base
In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and 2/3 cups of brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute, Add the eggs, mashed banana and vanilla, whisking until combined
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula (if you have one, it wont be a flop if you dont i'm sure) lightly stir the batter until no streaks of flour remain, (insert choc chips here if required)
Be careful to over mix!
4. Add the batter to the loaf tin and smooth into an even layer, sprinkle the brown sugar over the top (insert walnuts here if feeling nutty)
5. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating once throughout baking. Stick a tooth pick into the bread and if it comes out clean, it is ready!
6. Leave cool on the rack for a few minutes to allow it to settle.